Sep 12, 2014
May 19, 2012
Oct 22, 2012
Jun 17, 2011
Oct 4, 2011
Jul 27, 2015
2. What Personal Information we collect
- Users - We collect information from Users including username, e-mail address and information regarding your activity on the Site and Site password.
- Local Businesses - We collect information from Local Businesses including names, phone numbers, email addresses, identification details, Site password and other information you choose to provide. If you choose to upgrade to a Featured Listing we will ask for credit card information in a secure environment in order to process your monthly payments.
- Other - We may collect and use certain non-personal information such as the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider to optimise our goods and services to you.
- We may also acquire business information from other sources, such as from other companies and from other public documents in order to provide users that are searching the site with the most complete and up-to-date information.
3. Your access to the Site
The Personal Information we collect from you enables us to operate the Site and provide the content. If you do not provide us with this Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with full access to the Site.
4. What we will not do with your Personal Information
We will keep all Personal Information we receive from you confidential and will not sell or knowingly divulge such Personal Information to any third parties, unless:
- the Personal Information is received from a Local Business as a Listing and the Local Business has requested it be published on the Site;
- we are required to share your Personal Information with a third party in order to comply with the law or to comply with a court order or subpoena;
- we receive a claim from a third party that you have breached any law;
- it is necessary to enforce our Site rules;
5. What we will do with your Personal Information
The Personal Information collected by Australia Business Listing will be used for providing Users with information. We use the Personal Information collected to provide our services to you in the following ways:
- to enable us to provide you with personalised content;
- to enable us to send you email announcements and information on updates to the Australia Business Listing system; and
- to enable us to offer you links to other websites. When clicking on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their own privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
- To enable us to send a confirmation email to Users who wish to post User Recommendations.
- Send transactional and service related emails to our Local Business customers and process payments for those Local Business customers who have elected to upgrade to a Featured Listing.
6. Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Local Listings. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
7. Keeping Personal Information secure
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personal Information. We will use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep your Personal Information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. The transmission of sensitive information collected on our order form is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us through this form.
8. How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information?
The Personal Information we hold about you (such as your name and email address) is kept so that we may correctly identify you.
You can update this Personal Information at anytime by logging onto the Site. Alternatively, upon your request, we will correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us through this form.
You have a right to get a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To request access, please contact us. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact us.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.